Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2018

From the News: Caged Tiger at Prom

Caged Tiger at Prom

I'm a huge fan of zoos and aquariums.  I've written before about how having animals on a college campus or other venue isn't necessarily a bad idea. I often wish that there were more ways that we could incorporate animals into our lives. 

This was not a good idea.  Not only that, it's one of those things that I don't see how any animal care professional could have imagined for a moment would work out well.  Hold a prom at a zoo where teenagers dance among the animals, which are in their own enclosures made for their comfort?  Sounds fine to me.  Bring a tiger to a prom and plop it in the middle of the dance hall?  Not so much.


It's stunts like this that give all of us who work with wild animals a bad rap, and allows groups with PETA the chance to paint all of us with the same brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment