Search This Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Penguins on the Run

Call them mint jelly, because they're on the lam!  A flock of gentoo penguins at the Odense Zoo in Denmark decided to go for a little bit of a stroll... well, maybe "run" would be a better description.  I think someone's been watching Madagascar a few times too many (I know, I hate myself, everyone's made that joke after seeing this... but it works so well!)


It's not uncommon for zoos with penguins to take them for strolls through public areas - Edinburgh Zoo is famous for its "Penguin Parades", and I saw a much smaller-scale, but still very cool, version at the Newport Aquarium last year.  Of course, those were more planned excursions.

I mean, seriously, imagine being the keeper who walked in on this little fiasco.  "Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave..."

No comments:

Post a Comment