Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Earth Day!


On Earth Day, we celebrate our planet and all of the biodiversity found on it, as well as those who are working diligently to save it.  I came across this editorial on The Huffington Post by Dr. Cristian Samper of the Wildlife Conservation Society, reminding everyone of the role that zoos and aquariums play in protecting our natural world.  Enjoy!



Some 124 AZA members have become partners in WCS's 96 Elephants campaign to stop the killing, stop the trafficking, and stop the demand for elephant ivory. (Photo by Julie Larsen Maher, ©WCS)

Instead of my normal monthly Sporcle quiz, today I'm sharing a short "What Animal Are You?" quiz that Google produced to celebrate Earth Day.  I'm not sure how I feel about winding up with giant squid, but maybe you'll make more sense out of whatever animal you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment