Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Zoo Joke: The Senior Keeper

A new keeper arrives for his first day at the zoo, working in the Reptile House.  He is anxiously awaiting his instructions and training, when the door opens and, for the first time, he sees his supervisor.

The senior keeper is a battered man with a peg-leg, a metal hook in place of his right hand, and a patch over his left eye.  The new hire is extremely nervous, but curiosity gets the better of him, and he asks a question.

"Um... sir?  If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your leg?"

"Well," the senior keeper replies, "I was hosing out the crocodile pools when I stopped paying attention for a moment.  A big croc rushed out of the water and bit my leg off at the knee."

"Oh, wow!  And, uh, what happened to your hand?"

"Well, a cobra bit my finger, so I had to act quick and cut the whole hand off before the venom could spread."

"Wow!  And your eye, how did you loose that?"

"Oh, well, a pigeon pooped in my eye."

"... and that's how you lost your eye?"

"Well, not quite.  You see, it was my first day with the hook..."

No comments:

Post a Comment