Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Zootopia: New Habitats Bring Wonder


This isn't quite a "From the News", or is it a guest editorial... it's just something someone passed along to me that I thought looked pretty cool.  Rotating exhibits are one of the hot new trends in zoo design, best highlighted by The Islands display at Louisville, which pioneered the method.

Of course, if you're going to have animals switch enclosures, the big question is "How do you get them from Point A to Point B?"  (Actually, that's probably the second big question - the big one is "Am I POSITIVE that I have all of the gazelles shifted out before I let the cheetahs over?").

Also, anytime I see one of those elevated walkways with primates, cats, or other animals traveling overhead, I wonder how likely it is that someone traveling beneath will get pooped or peed on.

Anyway, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment